OnDMARC supports two-factor authentication (2FA). It is recommended to enable this feature as it acts as a second line of defence when logging into your account.
1. Go to your profile page by clicking on the following icon found on the top right of your screen.
2. Scroll down to the "Security" section and click on “Enable two-factor authentication”
3. Enter your password to open a screen where you can add your OnDMARC account to your 2FA application by either scanning the QR code or by entering the key into your 2FA application. If you use the key to pair your 2FA application use
Time-based as the key's type.
4. To confirm you have to enter a 2FA code from the application once into the provided input field.
5. Next you are provided with 10 backup codes which you will need to store safely. Each code can be used instead of a code from the 2FA application, e.g. in case your phone is lost. Each backup code can only be used once.
NOTE: This screen will only be shown once, so please make sure to safely store the codes to not risk being locked out of the application.
5. At this point you have enabled 2FA. When logging in to OnDMARC the next time you need to enter a code from the 2FA application additionally to the password.
Our 2FA feature has been tested and works with the following 2FA applications:
Other TOTP compliant apps should work as well.
If you want to disable 2FA go to your profile page, scroll down to the “Security” section and click on “Disable two-factor authentication”. You will be asked to enter your password and a 2FA code.
NOTE: you will not be able to disable 2FA within the first 15 minutes of enabling it.
Losing or Resetting your phone
In case you lose or reset your phone you will need to use one of the 10 backup codes that you backed up earlier. This will allow you to login to OnDMARC and disable 2FA. Once this is done you can re-enable 2FA and you will be provided with 10 new backup codes.